Sunday 28 February 2010

The destiny of lost work ...

I am sad to report that once again my work has taken an illusive turn and been lost forever. Im happy to say that it isnt current work which Im referring to, but my A-Level work.
It seems written in my destiny to never keep the fruits of my labour. Last year my A2 Textiles Kimono sketchbook (which was complete and full) became 'missing' under very questionable circumstances, meaning that the book I was most proud of (and had impressed my University at my interview) would never see the light of day again. Maybe you will see it on eBay in 20 years time?
In a much more tragic set of events, my old colleges art block burned to the ground one tuesday morning, taking a huge amount of my A2 work with it. An entire year of Art and photography work, a large set of hundreds of life drawings, numerous sculptures and at least 8 sketch books are now dust in the wind. Luckily my Textiles work was safe elsewhere and prompted by recent events I returned to ensure the work was safe in my hands, and to see the incredible devastation caused by the fire.
Lets just hope this isnt another sign that I am doomed never to keep any of my work.

Anyway, on a lighter note! Here are some things that were not lost!:

My A2 Textiles exam piece:




No comments:

Post a Comment