Monday 1 August 2011

Garden Progress

Having lived at my current house for almost 2 years now it is interesting to observe the development of my favourite space, and how much its changed since we arrived and started making our mark.
Much of the hard work is down to the keen gardener of the house, my mother, but I have contributed with a few purchases, and the new found use of my ebay account to order seeds.

The top image was taken 2 days before we moved in. Largely lawn with small borders, largely empty. The garden became spruced up, but still rather bare. Winter turned it into a lifeless and rather bleek place, save for the Holly bush, and sadly caused the demise of our palm tree.
Beyond saving the palm tree has now been felled. Arches continue to spring into life, more borders are added and the lawn appears ever shrinking. The last image was taken in mid July. We have also taken delivery of a half sized green house, but thats yet to be snapped.

Its wonderful to finally see the garden establishing itself and becoming wild and blooming, credit due to my mother of course.







No comments:

Post a Comment