Sunday 14 November 2010

Origami Obsession

As part of embracing different levels and elements of Japanese culture I began to indulge in the art of origami. Origami is something Ive never quite got to grips with in the past, so with patience and determination I set out to learn how to make one of the most recognisable symbols of Japanese culture; the Crane. After a few attempts I was pleased with my Cranes and soon became origami mad. I found the pass time both soothing and relaxing, and began working on the concept of creating a graphic print from 'crane chains', which reflect the Japanese tradition to make 1000 cranes and have a wish come true. With that in mind I designed the graphic prints below. I also adapted this idea to the concept of making fabric from actual cranes (below).




No comments:

Post a Comment