Tuesday 2 November 2010

Future Beauty at The Barbican

Our new project has been roughly outlined and will revolve around the exhibition 'Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion' which many members of the second year visited today, myself included.
This was my first trip to The Barbican Gallery, and I must admit I was shocked by its humble and hidden exterior. Inside the gallery was obviously a very modern and airy space.
I found some garments within the exhibition inspirational, particularly those by Mint Designs and Rei Kawakubo. Seeing Issey Miyake's work first hand was also a useful resource for my on going essay on Innovation and Tradition.

The exhibition runs until 6th February 2011, for more information or tickets visit:

http://www.barbican.org.uk/artgallery/event-detail.asp?ID=10771

And here's a rather ridiculous photo of me wearing my new 'political statement' hat at Covent Garden:

No comments:

Post a Comment