Friday 25 June 2010

A British Summer!

As summer has progressed so too has my summer project. Ive taken the time to regularly focus hard on what I think sums up Britishness and elements which I feel make me personally a Brit. So with a lot of attempting to embrace my heritage Ive been looking everywhere for quintessentially British things.
For the first part of the summer holiday I focused largely on existing products and market research, looking at fabrics, graphics, home and fashion goods and virtually anything I felt a personal appeal towards which revolved around the given topics and around britishness in general. I found many on trend prints and items, especially during the world cup (it seems the patriotic market was anticipated and cornered) and high end home furnishings seemed a wealthy resource of British textiles.

With a great glut of Strawberries and cream (largely due to picking a vast quantity at a PYO field in Derbyshire) and a hoard of papers, stamps, tickets and packaging ready to recycle in my collages. The project was forcing me to embrace my eclectic British nature somewhat this summer!

And heres a summer snap of me 'Picking my Own':

No comments:

Post a Comment