Friday 18 June 2010

Rule Britannia!

Well the new project has arrived! What an exciting new project it is! The title of Summer project is 'Precious Paper' and is all about collage. As someone who rather enjoys working onto collaged surfaces and involving recycling within my work, this element interested me. The topic of the collages are 'The British Empire' and we have been asked to select from 3 specific areas (one or more can be chosen): 1. Cups, Saucers, Cake Stands. 2. Medals and Medal Ribbons. 3. Fish and Birds. All of the themes set my mind in motion and as a follower of print trends I began to form detailed ideas for each topic. With a sketchbook to start and several large pieces to complete I am working hard at market research and developing my own unique view of the project already!

No comments:

Post a Comment