Tuesday 6 December 2011

Timorous Beasties, Clerkenwell

During my visit to the V&A I also took the time to visit the Timorous Beasties showroom in Clerkenwell, to aid both my studio and context work.
The designs were breathtaking. As a printer I enjoy the labour intensive, hand process of screen printing, so I loved seeing hand printed lengths of wallpaper and getting to see their fabric ranges up close for the first time.
Having printed 3 metre lengths on fabric in the past I was especially interested to observe the paper pigments and different effects they can be used to create.
The assistant was incredibly friendly and helpful, so I encourage anyone interested in contemporary design, especially print, and in textiles with a concept, visit the Timorous Beasties showroom now!



No comments:

Post a Comment